+91 9910001613 / +91 11 46504416
Important Travel Tips
- Check your passport validity before travelling (It should be 6 month valid).
- Make sure you have got correct visas for the country you are visiting.
- Prefer to travel with "Travel Insurance".
- Take photocopies of your passport/visa and other important documents and keep these separate from the originals when you travel.
- Tell a friend or relative where you are going and for how long for - give them some idea of your itinerary if possible and an emergency contact number.
- Take enough money for your trip and some back-up funds in a mix of cash and travellers cheque/ Travel card - make a note of the Travellers cheques/ Travel card numbers before you go.
- Driving abroad? Make sure your licence is current and valid. Make sure you are aware of the driving laws in the country you are visiting.
- Contact with Indian Consulate if something goes wrong.
- Don’t openly display valuables such as mobile phones or digital cameras and consider using a padlock on suitcases or backpacks.
- Check about local customs and dress, behave accordingly and obey local laws - there may be serious penalties for breaking a law that might seem trivial at home.
- Be careful when taking photographs, videos or using binoculars. Such activities may be misunderstood, especially near military installations.
- Consider taking your mobile with you or renting one whilst you’re away.
- Store useful numbers such as the local police and the nearest embassy or consulate.
- Check whether it’s safe to drink local tap water- if not, stick to bottled water and avoid salads, non-peeling fruit and ice in drinks.
- Know the local laws and abide by them.
- If you haven’t left your valuables at home, leave them in your hotel’s safe.
- Never accept gifts or packages from unknown parties.
- Don’t accept items from locals to carry out of the country and deliver or mail to someone they know.
- Know the laws about exchanging money. Only use official exchange facilities since this is another area that can get you into trouble fast.
© 2012 bookajourney.com. All Rights Reserved.